Sunday 27 September 2009

Sunday Snaps 6 - A Town Called Helen

Over at From a Yellow House, Dori has posted many a photo of our travels around Wiltshire and other parts of England. So I thought it was high time that I did the reverse and posted some pictures of Georgia, taken during my visits over there.

These snaps are of a small town called Helen in the Blue Ridge Mountains in North-East Georgia. As you can see, Helen is a recreation of a Bavarian Alpine town. It felt quite surreal when I first went there to find this little piece of Europe thousands of miles away!




It even comes complete with it's own windmill.



Helen is a cute little town, which I enjoyed visiting tremendously.

8 comments:

Dori said...

Ah, I remember that outing so well. It was a fun time and I love that you were my date ;-)

Mrs Sweetwater said...

OMG, Helen. I thought it was a myth all these years. You Guys are so romantic. Loves It !

jacqueline said...

I was really surprised when I saw Helen featured on your site. My husband and I have been to this enchanting little village many times. I really love North Georgia. . .not only is it peaceful but beautiful as well! I'm sure you and Dori had a wonderful time there. :-)

amelia said...

I miss home! As a displaced southern girl from Georgia, seeing pictures of Helen makes me pine for home- I love these, thanks!

Brit Boy said...

Dori
Yes it was a real fun time, and I'm glad that you were my date too ;-)

RE Ausetkmt
Helen is no myth. I'm glad to have brought the reality to you. Have a good weekend.

Jacqueline
Yes, it is beautiful up around Helen. We had a wonderful time up there. Thanks for dropping by.

amelia
I am glad to have brought a little bit of Georgia back into your life :-) I may post more Georgia pics soon - stay tuned!

grayspirit said...

Some shots,
reminds me a bit about cozy Vermont

Auntie E said...

I have been there several times. I really enjoyed my stay there. "Great memories for me.

Brit Boy said...

grayspirit
I'm glad you liked the pictures. I have yet to visit Vermont, but I know it is also a very beautiful part of the world.

Auntie E
I am pleased that I have triggered some pleasant memories for you :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin